121 Bellevue Street
Newton, MA 02458
Tel: (617) 965-1722
Board development should be part of an overall volunteer management and leadership development initiative. The development of these key volunteer leaders depends on a well thought out plan that begins with recruitment and training. It is about identifying people who will care about your organization, are willing to support it and assume leadership positions.
In the past, board responsibilities were primarily advice and consent with minimal financial support. Today, board members need to provide significant financial support and become community ambassadors for their organizations. As many of them lack the skills and experience to make this transition, training is needed.
After an initial assessment of the organization’s needs. Beth designs customized educational and training programs dealing with volunteer management, board recruitment and training, as well as solicitation techniques.
- Keys to Successful Volunteer Management Programs
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Board
- Fundraising is More than Raising Money
- Overcoming “Askophobia”- solicitation techniques
- Designing Leadership Development Programs
- Recruitment and Retention of board members
- The Wellness Community
- Massachusetts Melanoma Foundation
- Korean American League for Civic Action
- Full Client List